Photo by Linda Hanses
I love the sensual experience of cooking in all it’s forms, being one of our oldest practices as part of any culture, it is something that really defines us as human and I am truly enthusiastic about it. In my design process, questioning the meanings behind things and their associated traditions is essential. For as long as people have been cooking, people have been developing unique eating tools, table manners and cuisines, these habits fascinate me again and again.
Laura Görs, born in 1989, studied industrial design between 2009 - 2013 at the Muthesius Academy of Fine Arts and Design in Kiel, Germany. The highly conceptualized work in Kiel has left a lasting impression on her design process. After six months abroad at the ESDIR Escuela
Superior de Diseño de La Rioja in Spain I completed an internship at Villeroy & Boch.
Before starting her master studies she worked for the German tableware brand KAHLA Porcelain, where she mainly did exhibition concepts and tableware illustrations. 2016 Laura graduated in product design at the art academy Berlin Weissensee, with the possibilty to work free and experimental on everyday objects, specifically focusing on cooking and table culture.
Laura is working as freelance designer in Berlin.
Follow me on Instagram
• Designing Ways | Issue 206 | 03.2018
• Excellent Product Design Volume 1|18
• Gambero Rosso 01|18
• Designreport 05|17
• glasspool October 2017
• Wallpaper Magazine January 2017
• FORM Adventskalender, December 2015
• Art Aurea 03|15
• Excellent Product Design 2018, 9-13|02|18,
Frankfurt am Main
• Ambiente Fair 2018, 9-13|02|18, Frankfurt am Main
• Jan - April 2018 Ceramics and it's dimensions. Shaping the Future, Bröhan Museum, Berlin/Germany
• Sep 2017: Glass in Venice, Palazzo Loredan, Istituto Veneto, Venice/Italy
• Apr 2017: Inpiring Imagery. Tortona Design Week, Milan/Italy
• Sep 2015: Sans Culière. Table Talks. Designmuseum Arabia, Helsinki, Finland